Sure, it's a good idea. Huge bureaucracy overhead, though. I already lost so much time just on bureaucracy.
- Legal protections?
- Liability of chairman?
- Verein needs at minimum 7 members. Must be non-anonymous. I don't see so many people willing to have their name connected to Whonix.
- No idea if Whonix could become a charitable by German law. Nevermind, must not necessarily be a charitable.
- Bureaucracy overhead?
UG or gUG:
- similar to GmbH
- needs at least two people. must be non-anonymous.
- g stands for charitable (gemeinnützig)
- 1 EUR common capital stock is sufficient
- same legal protections as GmbH
- huge bureaucracy overhead (balancing, double-entry bookkeeping)
- I'd like to be granted the right to live on poverty level or decent level just by working on Whonix. Nevermind if called for profit or non-profit.
Joining existing institution:
- sounds most attractive
- least bureaucracy for me, I suppose
- risk of getting cheated?
- seems like only gUG's, UG's, GmbH's and gGmbH's would provide legal protections?
- which ones could be interested?