[Whonix-devel] New Logo for whonix

Jason Ayala jason at jasonayala.com
Wed Aug 7 18:57:50 CEST 2013

It is a nice logo. I like the onion-as-the-lock-dial thing, and the negative
space which forms the outter "metal" of the lock is eye catching and attractive.
I prefer to first, serif font. I think a serif font, with it's solid and old
fashion look says "security, conservative, maybe tougher to use".  The colors of
the onion makes it pop out, which I like, but it also looks like candy.[1]

The overall look might be too trendy and hip looking. A modern look is required,
but the image of whonix is closer to "boring and serious" than "Slick startup".

For a smaller logo, is there a way to include the whole lock? The onion and the
phrase make Tor/Onion routing too central to our image.

1: https://www.google.com/search?q=giant+gobstopper (look at images)