[Whonix-devel] Open letter to Edward Snowden

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS newblogpost at whonix.org
Tue Aug 12 20:32:58 CEST 2014

At HopeX conference, Edward Snowden encouraged those who have heard of Tor, Tails, Whonix, and Linux to defend Internet liberties.

Thank you Edward Snowden for the attention, the motivating words and your continued activism.

It is a shame, that you are not getting asylum in Germany. Needless to say, that I oppose the cowardice of my government and the gibberish they are talking.

There are lots of US military bases in Germany. I am not sure they would not be coming for you if you were in Germany. And I am quite sure, they would not leave if they were asked to leave. Nevertheless, it should be official policy for Germany to ask US military to leave.

I am not against the people in the US. In fact, people from the US are supporting Whonix.

87 % of Germans want plebiscite. Only 16% want military in Ukraine. (Still too much, but majority is sane.)

Even if there are vast opposing majorities, our government somehow manages to ignore the will of the People without consequences.

Hopefully the people figure out how to end this insanity. I don't want world war 3.

I extend an open invitation: I'd be honored by any advice or discussion - on-topic or off-topic.

Off-topic, especially what know about extraterrestrials would be most interesting.

Thank you again, Edward Snowden!

This post has been automatically cross-posted by whonix.org/blog To see the original (including links), go to https://www.whonix.org/blog/open-letter-edward-snowden