[Whonix-devel] hidden service for whonix.org taken offline

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS newblogpost at whonix.org
Mon Nov 10 00:31:55 CET 2014

Fortasse (whonix.org webmaster) and I agreed to take down the hidden service for whonix.org http://xxxxxxxxxxh5kyrx.onion. (If you're wondering, why we provided a hidden service, but didn't use it for location privacy, see: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Forcing_.onion_on_Whonix.org) The reason for this unfortunate change is, that the Tor service on whonix.org took an immense amount of CPU time. So much, that[...]

This post has been automatically cross-posted by whonix.org/blog To see the original (including links), go to http://www.whonix.org/blog/hidden-service-taken-offline