[Whonix-devel] Whonix Connection Wizard / Bridge Wizard / Tor Launcher Clone

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Sat Dec 5 16:21:35 CET 2015

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS:
> troubadour is working on a graphical Whonix Connection Wizard. It will be a tor-launcher clone. It can be used to express if you like to connect to the public Tor network or using Tor bridges.
>
> Here are some early screenshots.

Nice! As this is my first email on this list, I'll introduce myself:
I'm sajolida, I'm working for Tails on technical writing and UX.

> Ticket:
> https://phabricator.whonix.org/T90

Are you following the UX process that Tor started on Tor Launcher? See:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/ux/2015-December/000002.html

and the design work that we started on the connection process in Tails? See:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/network_connection/

I'd be really interested in sharing thoughts and efforts on all this, so
if you think that Whonix has shared objectives with either Tor and Tails
on all this, let's get together and talk about it!

Maybe we can chat about this at 32C3. I'm also thinking about submitting
a session at the IFF [1] about this. So we should see who's interested
in what. The deadline for submission at IFF is December 15 :)

In the context of Tails, our design effort should be carefully
coordinated with other technical aspects that are specific to us
(persistent Tor start, persistent Tor configuration, time
synchronization, etc.) so I'm sure how much of our stuff would apply to
Whonix for example. The redesign of Tor Launcher would apply more
directly maybe.

[1]: https://internetfreedomfestival.org/