[Whonix-devel] arm sees real IP on transproxified host

bancfc at openmailbox.org bancfc at openmailbox.org
Wed Jan 27 04:46:38 CET 2016

I noticed something but I'm not sure if its a problem. The arm
controller on Whonix gateway (where all application traffic is also
redirected thru Tor) sometimes shows 127.0.0.1 as the source of the
circuits and sometimes it shows the real client IP of the system.

I know a Tor client would normally know its own real IP but should arm
as a helper application only show 127.0.0.1 since everything on the
gateway is transproxified?

Please note that your reply will also be posted on the Whonix mailing
list to benefit others.