[Whonix-devel] Fwd: Re: [guardian-dev] Super Image Resolution Impact on CameraV

bancfc at openmailbox.org bancfc at openmailbox.org
Thu Sep 8 00:52:54 CEST 2016

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [guardian-dev] Super Image Resolution Impact on CameraV
Date: 2016-09-02 03:00
 From: Nathan of Guardian <nathan at guardianproject.info>
To: bancfc at openmailbox.org, guardian-dev at lists.mayfirst.org
Cc: whonix-devel at whonix.org

Thanks for the note. Regarding face blurring, I think you are thinking
of ObscuraCam, and not CameraV (which is an encrypted camera for
evidence gathering).

ObscuraCam in fact does offer a full pixel removal "black bar" option.
In addition, we don't blur the photos, but actually pixelate them using
a technique that is resistant to the kind of reconstruction you mention.
  You can find some of the native code we use here:
https://github.com/guardianproject/ObscuraCam/blob/master/app/src/main/jni/redaction.h