[Whonix-devel] [qubes-devel] Require script to run immed. after /rw mount

Tue Apr 18 00:02:00 CEST 2017

Hi! :)

You want a hook exactly between mount-dirs.sh and bind-dirs.sh?

Chris Laprise:
> My suggestion would be to put the activation of qubes/init/bind-dirs.sh
> under a separate systemd service.

That would be nice, but may be hard to not break things.

Whonix uses various times:
After=qubes-mount-dirs.service

Also in systemd unit file that must use:
DefaultDependencies=no

For example in:
whonix-ws-firewall /lib/systemd/system/whonix-firewall.service

Perhaps create an qubes-bind-dirs.service that does nothing for now?
Then we actually start using it when Qubes / Whonix was upgraded to add
After=qubes-bind-dirs.service and old versions where made
deprecated/unsupported?

> Alternately, mount-dirs.sh could have
> a hook that points to a specific user script in /etc.

User script sounds a bit limited. What about something a little more
flexible?

Untested pseudo code:

if [ -d /etc/qubes/mount-dirs-post.d ]; then
   run-parts /etc/qubes/mount-dirs-post.d
fi

Cheers,
Patrick