[Whonix-devel] future of tor-launcher? - Firefox XPCOM / XUL based add-ons deprecation

Mon Jan 9 09:10:00 CET 2017

Hi,

XPCOM / XUL based add-ons will be deprecated in Firefox. [1]

I've searched trac, mailing list, irc logs... I know you are aware of
that, but haven't found your plan forward. Is there already one?

What are your plans regarding tor-launcher? Will tor-launcher be ported
over as Firefox WebExtension? Is that even possible?

Or will tor-launcher become a standalone application that runs outside
of Firefox?

If it is the latter, we Whonix would be interested in that. Our use case
is "same as system Tor". I guess the Tails developers may be interested
in that also, hence cc'd their list also.

Best regards,
Patrick

[1]
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/08/21/the-future-of-developing-firefox-add-ons/