[Whonix-devel] [Tails-dev] Tails control port filter proxy in Whonix?

anonym anonym at riseup.net
Wed Jan 25 17:14:00 CET 2017

Patrick Schleizer:

If you see my email from earlier today, I already did this: https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2017-January/011190.html

> Please ignore:
>
> - config parser changes

I did!

However, in your repo I still see that commit bed6399b contains the merge_yml() code. You are gonna do that externally, right? However, the commit talks about "add /etc/tor-controlport-filter.d configuration support", so perhaps it was a mistake (i.e. you wanted to add a `--filter-dir` option, but picked the wrong commit)?

> Please take:
>
> - #!/usr/bin/python3 -u (makes eventual python exceptions and up in journal)
> - Use yml.safe_load and Python exceptions in journalctl
> - add --listen_interface option

These were the commits I imported.

> One minor bug, I think, first line is supposed to be
>
> #!/usr/bin/python3 -u
> (not -v)

That error was not present in the code I looked at. Strange.

Cheers!