[Whonix-devel] plasma 5 desktop scripting file locations / examples?

Wed Mar 1 00:46:00 CET 2017

Hi,

I am Patrick, a maintainer of Whonix, which Whonix is a Linux derivative
with at least several thousand users, that by default is using Debian
with Debian KDE packages. Is it okay if I ask a few questions on how to
pre-configure KDE as a Linux distribution?

Are you aware of any example (Debian) packages that pre-configure
plasma 5? These could help me to figure out the correct file locations
and environment variables.

In KDE 4, essentially the following worked.

[1]
/usr/share/whonix-gw-kde-desktop-conf/share/apps/plasma-desktop/init/00-defaultLayout.js

[2]
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/50whonix-gw-kde-desktop-conf:
export KDEDIRS=/usr/share/whonix-gw-kde-desktop-conf/:$KDEDIRS

I figured out how to make a kde settings package work with KDE 5. Here
is an example. [3]

[4]
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/50kde-sounds-off

if [ -z "$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS" ]; then
   XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg
fi
export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/usr/share/kde-sounds-off/:$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS

[5]
/usr/share/kde-sounds-off/knotifyrc

But editing default plasmoids / plasma changes are a bit different? For
example, how could one enable kde systray by default?

The file that needs to be ultimately influenced is
/home/user/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc.

I haven't found any documentation on kde.org on how to do that with
KDE5. Please advice.

Best regards,
Patrick

[1]