[Whonix-devel] [dm-crypt] Troubleshooting: Header Conversion to argon2id

Ondrej Kozina okozina at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 09:10:06 CEST 2018

On 09/14/2018 02:21 AM, procmem wrote:

> Guilhem Moulin:
>> On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 at 14:22:00 +0000, procmem wrote:
>>> Ondrej Kozina:
>>>
>>> Sure thing but I don't know how to access initramfs command history.
>>> Unlike a booted-up environment there is no opportunity to scroll and
>>> select entire output for saving.
>>
>> You can redirect the output to a file under /run/initramfs.  /run is
>> moved to the rootfs at init-bottom stage, shortly before the execution
>> is turned over to the `init` binary, so content added at early boot
>> stage will also be available later during the boot process.
>>
>> (Again, assuming your initramfs is comes from initramfs-tools, which is
>> the default in Debian — and I guess its derivatives.)
>>

> OK here are the contents of the redirected output:

Thank you! Even thought the output is good for nothing. But that's
definitely our fault for being lazy with more helpful debug messages:)

Out of curiosity, does it behave same after you finish boot process?
Does it fail with same error as in initrd phase?

Anyway, I'm going to experiment with it now

Thank you
O.