[Whonix-devel] VonNeumannBytes() License

Patrick Schleizer adrelanos at riseup.net
Sun Feb 2 20:05:24 CET 2020

Hi Adam,

I've recently published clrngd on github [1] for better publication and
easier readability. clrngd is based on VonNeumannBytes() of which I
understand you are the author.

VonNeumannBytes() was released under original BSD license [2] which
contains an advertising clause.

> 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
>    software must display the following acknowledgement:  This product
>    includes software developed by Adam L. Young.

Such a advertising clause are problematic for reasons which are better
expressed by the GNU project. [3]

Could you please kindly re-release VonNeumannBytes() under the Modified
BSD license [4] or any other FSF approved Free Software license or reply
with a statement that you agree that the license gets changed to the
Modified BSD license [4] or some other license?

CC'd whonix-devel public mailing list so all our readers can benefit
from your reply.

Kind regards,
Patrick

[1] https://github.com/adrelanos/clrngd