Debian developers would literally hate this.
Okay for end users and sys admins, but not a solution for a Debian derivative.
- https://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2013/08/msg00005.html [archive]
- https://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2013/08/msg00006.html [archive]
Example where Whonix ™ backports APT pinning instructions broke users systems:
- user documentation template: Template:Apt-Pinning
backports by default
- Had resulted to breakage in Qubes. See: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4443 [archive]
- Debian bug linux-image-amd64 vs linux-headers-amd64 Debian buster-backports version mismatch bpo.2 vs bpo.3 [archive] shows that just enabling backports repository might lead to issues. In this example, breaking all kernel modules due to kernel image vs kernel headers version mismatch from backports packages.debian.org.