This page talks about Whonix online hosting and (non-existing) testing infrastructure.
Hosted on whonix.org, downloadable using TLS.
Bug / Feature Request Tracker
(Works much better than github for a project at this scale.)
Whonix homepage backend
- community contribution friendly - flagged revisions - usable way to allow anonymous users to edit and to let admins review changes before these go live
- seo - plugins provide good OpenGraph meta tags and meta settings (description, images)
- wiki templates
- expand buttons
- mobile view
- translate - theoretically
- mediawiki markup text file backups (but are not easily importable)
- short and detailed buttons (probably not unique to mediawiki)
- does not look that great
- our mediawiki skin "strapping" looks better than usual mediawiki / wikipedia with the huge space wasting sidebar that does not have much useful content related to the wiki page being viewed
- still does not look great
- the table of contents at the top may not be great? Perhaps a table of contents on the left or right side (???) would be better?
- offline documentation not solved - https://forums.whonix.org/t/offline-documentation-discussion
- translations not simple
- not flat file (requires mysql data base), not easy "transparent" backups
goals for new website
- git based?
- prose.io (example) compatible?
- breadcrumbs navigation?
- CMS free?
- bootstrap based?
- mobile friendly!
- illustrative images!
- quick page load times!
- footer links (legal, imprint)!
- mediawiki, codeselect, select code, short / long / recommended / detailed buttons
- Web Backend, CMS vs non-CMS, vs github-pages, etc.
- Port Tails Test Suite to Whonix or create a new one from scratch.
Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss
Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation. Whonix (g+) is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted above, content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Free (as in speech) license as Whonix itself.