This page talks about Whonix online hosting and (non-existing) testing infrastructure.
Hosted on whonix.org, downloadable using TLS.
Bug / Feature Request Tracker
(Works much better than github for a project at this scale.)
Whonix homepage backend
- community contribution friendly - flagged revisions - usable way to allow anonymous users to edit and to let admins review changes before these go live
- seo - plugins provide good OpenGraph meta tags and meta settings (description, images)
- wiki templates
- expand buttons
- mobile view
- mediawiki markup text file backups (but are not easily importable)
- short and detailed buttons (probably not unique to mediawiki)
- does not look that great
- our mediawiki skin "strapping" looks better than usual mediawiki / wikipedia with the huge space wasting sidebar that does not have much useful content related to the wiki page being viewed
- still does not look great (but perhaps another mediawiki skin could solve that)
- the table of contents at the top may not be great? Perhaps a table of contents on the left or right side (???) would be better?
- too much white spaces everywhere
- offline documentation not solved - https://forums.whonix.org/t/offline-documentation-discussion
- translations not solved
- data base is binary (mysql) (requires mysql data base)
goals for new website
- git based?
- prose.io (example) compatible?
- breadcrumbs navigation?
- CMS free?
- bootstrap based?
- mobile friendly!
- illustrative images!
- quick page load times!
- footer links (legal, imprint)!
- mediawiki, codeselect, select code, short / long / recommended / detailed buttons
- Web Backend, CMS vs non-CMS, vs github-pages, etc.
- Port Tails Test Suite to Whonix or create a new one from scratch.
No user support in comments. See Support.
Comments will be deleted after some time. Specifically after comments have been addressed in form of wiki enhancements. See Wiki Comments Policy.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.
Whonix is provided by ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. See Imprint.