< Dev(Redirected from Dev/Web Backend)
This page talks about Whonix ™ online hosting and (non-existing) testing infrastructure.
Hosted on whonix.org, downloadable using TLS.
Bug / Feature Request Tracker
(Works much better than github for a project at this scale.)
Whonix ™ homepage backend
- community contribution friendly - flagged revisions - usable way to allow anonymous users to edit and to let admins review changes before these go live
- seo - plugins provide good OpenGraph meta tags and meta settings (description, images)
- wiki templates
- expand buttons
- mobile view
- mediawiki markup text file backups (but are not easily importable)
- short and detailed buttons [archive] (probably not unique to mediawiki)
- does not look that great
- our mediawiki skin "strapping" looks better than usual mediawiki / wikipedia with the huge space wasting sidebar that does not have much useful content related to the wiki page being viewed
- still does not look great (but perhaps another mediawiki skin [archive] could solve that)
- the table of contents at the top may not be great? Perhaps a table of contents on the left or right side (???) would be better?
- too much white spaces everywhere
- offline documentation not solved - https://forums.whonix.org/t/offline-documentation-discussion [archive]
- translations not solved
- data base is binary (mysql) (requires mysql data base)
- in other words: not flat file
- not easy "transparent" backups
- (Backup using git-mediawiki: https://github.com/WhonixBot/whonix-wiki-backup [archive] - that can probably not easily be restored.)
- (XML backup: https://github.com/WhonixBOT/WhonixWikiBackups [archive])
- cannot rebuild from clean human readable source files
goals for new website
- git based?
- prose.io (example [archive]) compatible?
- breadcrumbs navigation?
- CMS free?
- bootstrap based?
- mobile friendly!
- illustrative images!
- quick page load times!
- footer links (legal, imprint)!
- mediawiki, codeselect, select code, short / long / recommended / detailed buttons
- Web Backend, CMS vs non-CMS, vs github-pages, etc.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2019 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)