- Navigate to http://rqef5a5mebgq46y5.onion [archive] and download SecBrowser and the associated (
.asc) file signature. Store it in
- Read http://expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion/docs/signing-keys.html [archive] to learn which PGP keys sign which packages.
- Read http://expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion/docs/verifying-signatures.html [archive] and learn how to perform GPG verification. Download and import the necessary keys.
- Verify the SecBrowser download.
- Navigate to
/home/user/.secbrowser with the file manger. Dolphin example:
Show Hidden Files
- If the old version of SecBrowser is still open, close it.
- Rename the old
/home/user/.secbrowser/secbrowser to something else.
- Extract SecBrowser:
Right-click on the downloaded archive →
extract archive here
- The process is complete.
- To start SecBrowser:
- If intending to use a graphical user interface: Start SecBrowser from the start menu.
- If intending to use a terminal, run the following command.
Jobs in USA
Search engines: YaCy | Qwant | ecosia | MetaGer | peekier | Whonix ™ Wiki
Love Whonix ™ and want to help spread the word? You can start by telling your friends or posting news about Whonix ™ on your website, blog or social media.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation. Policy of Whonix Website and Whonix Chat and Policy On Nonfreedom Software applies.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2020 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)
Whonix ™ is a derivative of and not affiliated with Debian [archive]. Debian is a registered trademark [archive] owned by Software in the Public Interest, Inc [archive].
Whonix ™ is produced independently from the Tor® [archive] anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project [archive] about quality, suitability or anything else.