- Navigate to http://rqef5a5mebgq46y5.onion and download SecBrowser and the associated (
.asc) file signature. Store it in
- Read http://expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion/docs/signing-keys.html to learn which PGP keys sign which packages.
- Read http://expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion/docs/verifying-signatures.html and learn how to perform GPG verification. Download and import the necessary keys.
- Verify the SecBrowser download.
- Navigate to
/home/user/.secbrowser with the file manger. Dolphin example:
Show Hidden Files
- If the old version of SecBrowser is still open, close it.
- Rename the old
/home/user/.secbrowser/secbrowser to something else.
- Extract SecBrowser:
Right-click on the downloaded archive →
extract archive here
- The process is complete.
- To start SecBrowser:
- If intending to use a graphical user interface: Start SecBrowser from the start menu.
- If intending to use a terminal, run the following command.
No user support in comments. See Support. Comments will be deleted after some time. Specifically after comments have been addressed in form of wiki enhancements. See Wiki Comments Policy.
Did you know that anyone can edit the Whonix wiki to improve it?
https | (forcing) onion
Follow: Twitter | Facebook | gab.ai | Stay Tuned | Whonix News
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2019 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)
Whonix ™ is a derivative of and not affiliated with Debian. Debian is a registered trademark owned by Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Whonix ™ is produced independently from the Tor® anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.