Build Documentation 64bit
Advanced users can create 32-bit instead of 64-bit builds.
If you are interested, click on Expand on the right.
To build Whonix 14 32-bit, add the following build parameter.
- kFreeBSD is entirely untested and most likely needs additional work (see footnotes). 
- Whonix for arm64 development discussion:
- Generally speaking, 64-bit builds cannot be created if running a 32-bit host kernel. See footnotes.  
- State of official 64-bit builds.
Don't get confused by the term
amd64. It runs on both, Intel and AMD.
amd64is only how Debian names the kernel. It works equally well on Intel and AMD.
--arch kfreebsd-i386 --kernel kfreebsd-image --headers kfreebsd-headers
--arch kfreebsd-amd64 --kernel kfreebsd-image --headers kfreebsd-headers
- In this case, try installing the packages and on your host, then boot the amd64 kernel by choosing it in the boot menu. The whole system does not require re-installation; just be sure to boot with an amd64 kernel. Alternatively, consider to re-install your host using amd64.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.