Build Documentation 64bit
Advanced users can create 32-bit instead of 64-bit builds.
If you are interested, click on Expand on the right.
To build Whonix ™ 14 32-bit, add the following build parameter.
- kFreeBSD is entirely untested and most likely needs additional work (see footnotes). 
- Whonix ™ for arm64 development discussion:
- Generally speaking, 64-bit builds cannot be created if running a 32-bit host kernel. See footnotes.  
- State of official 64-bit builds [archive].
Don't get confused by the term
amd64. It runs on both, Intel and AMD.
amd64is only how Debian names the kernel. It works equally well on Intel and AMD.
--arch kfreebsd-i386 --kernel kfreebsd-image --headers kfreebsd-headers
--arch kfreebsd-amd64 --kernel kfreebsd-image --headers kfreebsd-headers
- https://github.com/grml/grml-debootstrap/pull/13 [archive]
- In this case, try installing the packages and on your host, then boot the amd64 kernel by choosing it in the boot menu. The whole system does not require re-installation; just be sure to boot with an amd64 kernel. Alternatively, consider to re-install your host using amd64.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2019 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)