I2P-Bote is a serverless, encrypted email plugin that uses I2P for anonymity. Messages are stored in the DHT for 100 days during which the recipient is able to download them.
To back up your I2P-Bote data, copy the i2pbote folder inside your I2P config directory (~/.i2p/i2pbote on Unix systems or /var/lib/i2p/i2p-config when running as a daemon).
Compartmentalize your activities and use your I2P-Bote/Susimail VM snapshot for this purpose only. Generally, applications that run with a browser interface, are vulnerable to a whole class of bugs, including CSRF.
- Webmail interface
- User interface translated into 15 languages
- One-click creation of email accounts (called email identities)
- Emails can either be sent under a sender identity or anonymously
- 2048-bit ElGamal, 256/521-bit Elliptic Curve and NTRU-1087 Encryption
- Transparent, automatic encryption and signing without relying on third-party software such as PGP/GnuPG.
- Sending and receiving via relays with delay periods set by the user, similar to Mixmaster
- Theme support
- POP3 / IMAP / SMTP
- Cc and Bcc support
- Delivery confirmation
- Basic support for short recipient names
- Android support (via I2P's Android client)
- Outproxy to interoperate with clearnet mail servers
- Custom folders
- Multi-device identity syncing
- Support for short email addresses like email@example.com
- Lots of small improvements
- HashCash as anti-spam solution should it become a problem.