|Lead Whonix developer Patrick Schleizer can provide professional support and consultation for anonymity, privacy, security, data security, Whonix & system administration services. Service is provided by ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Our Terms of Service apply.|
Answers or solutions can usually be provided within one or two business days. Work samples verifying the quality of support is demonstrated in public Whonix forum activity. Upon request, answers can be provided in private to clients. Several communication channels are available for client convenience: email, chat, and remote desktop-based help via vnc / ssh.
Every effort will be made to resolve any client problem/s. However, there is no guarantee that a solution can be found for every issue. Prior experience suggests problems related to the wide range of topics already covered in the Documentation have a higher chance of resolution, and within a shorter time frame. That said, other topics may be referred as well; get in touch for further advice (see contact details below).
The standard price for support is 200 EUR per hour.
As a measure of goodwill, clients will receive partial charge backs if issues cannot be resolved, and hours billed will be leniently counted. Lower prices are negotiable if the request is of personal interest to developers, or it will benefit the broader Whonix project; for instance, if features are developed that become available in the next public release. Discounts are also provided for existing and long-term clients.
Special Client Proposals
Alternatively, clients may negotiate a proposal by sending the details and asking price (with reasonable budget expectations) to lead Whonix Developer Patrick Schleizer:
Professional Support Categories
Patrick Schleizer can provide professional support in various IT domains, including but not limited to:
- Computer security engineering and education.
- Linux distribution maintenance.
- Qubes OS (computer security by compartmentalization).
- Online privacy.
- Project coordination.
- Threat modeling. 
- Community management.
- Cooperation with other software projects.
- Documentation writing.
- User support and education.
- Basic website administration using common web applications.
- Scandal prevention. 
- Build automation script engineering.
- Continuous Integration (CI).
- iptables firewalls.
- systemd unit files.
- Shell scripting.
- Debian packaging.
- Debian APT repository management.
- Linux sysadmin tasks. 
- Licensing compliance.
- Debian machine readable licensing.
- Release maintenance: freeze, build, sign, upload, support, and hot fixes.
- Reviewing user code and documentation contributions.
- Contributor coordination.
- Upstream project bug reports.
- Review of python and ruby code.
- gpg / gnupg / OpenPGP.
- Spam reduction: moderating mailing lists, forums, and wikis.
- Network mirroring.
- Mediation. 
- Computer maintenance and education.
- Blog posts. 
- proposals, protocols, RFCs
- See also portfolio / github profile.
- What we do
Thanks for developing, releasing and supporting VPN-Firewall, it is a nice and useful piece of scripting.
-- Mike Horgan CTO, Interlock Technology Waltham, MA +1.337.335.0070, www.interlock-tech.com
- One example can be found here.
- This cannot be guaranteed, but there has been no bad press or posts pointing out any scandals, misinformation or inappropriate behavior by the Whonix team.
- To oversimplify it, Whonix is a collection of shell scripts, package selections and configuration files.
- For example, contributions to mediating the stale /etc/bash.bashrc.d implementation dispute - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=675008#72
- Technical and other content may require minor edits to meet specific editorial standards.