Whonix requires a critical mass of users to properly test planned updates by enabling the stable-proposed-updates or testers repository.  Otherwise, bugs might go undiscovered and be inadvertently introduced into the stable repository.
To ensure a stable Whonix system is available at all times, willing testers should:
- Create new Whonix-Workstation and Whonix-Gateway TemplateVMs solely for testing.
- Enable the stable-proposed-updates or testers repository via the Whonix repository tool.
- Platform-specific advice:
- And perform normal user activities.
Please only report bugs after first searching relevant Whonix forums and developer portals for the problem.
- The developers repository is only recommended for experts or those in touch with Whonix developers.