Before submitting a support request for VPN related issues users are encouraged to follow the Free Support Principle when working towards a solution. Whonix developers will use the information provided by the user to determine if the issue is a technical problem (aka bug) and/or configuration error which is a common reason for VPN connectivity issue.
Before Whonix developers will review the support request, the following information must be provided.
- Steps to reproduce the behavior. For example, list all command that were run up to this point.
- Actual behavior. (Detailed explanation. Reports stating "VPN does not work" will be rejected.)
- Expected behavior. (Reports stating "VPN works" will be rejected.)
The following information is also required.
- All error messages.
- VPN logs from debug start section. This can be found under Troubleshooting on this page. Make sure to redact all sensitive information.
- Please answer: Has the VPN configuration been modified aside from the instructions on this page?
Note: Users are encouraged to troubleshoot their VPN issues in an effort to find a solutions. However, if the VPN has been modified with custom configuration options, a favorable outcome is less likely if Whonix developers are not made aware of the modification.
- Please answer: Is Whonix currently configured to use a second tunnel-link/proxy or bridge?
- (If applicable) Links to similar issues found on the Whonix forums and/or other offsite forums/resources.