- This change reduces the number of steps users are required to apply (one download instead of two). No functionality was lost. This improves usability, makes Whonix downloads more standardized compared to other software, and simplifies Whonix infrastructure maintenance work. The Whonix split VM design (separate Whonix-Gateway ™ and Whonix-Workstation ™) remains unmodified.
- By using the Tor Browser Bundle (TBB). For an introduction, see Tor Browser. See also Hide Tor and Whonix from your ISP.
- It does not matter if the bulk download is done over an insecure channel if OpenPGP verification is used at the end.
- OpenPGP is a standard for data encryption that provides cryptographic privacy and authentication through the use of keys owned by its users.
- Or alternatively use the .onion mirror.
sudo su -c "echo -e 'deb tor+http://vwakviie2ienjx6t.onion/debian sid main contrib non-free' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/unstable.list"
- Most often this step applies before attempting major Whonix upgrades; upgrade instructions are also made available at that time (see stay tuned).
Read License Agreement.
vboxmanage import Whonix-XFCE-18.104.22.168.6.ova --vsys 0 --eula show --vsys 1 --eula show
vboxmanage import Whonix-XFCE-22.214.171.124.6.ova --vsys 0 --eula accept --vsys 1 --eula accept