[Whonix-devel] Need Help?

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Sat Nov 2 00:13:33 CET 2013

Hi James,

thank you for your offer. The biggest priority is to keep you
comfortable. Because when I am asking you to do stuff you're not
interested in, it won't help either.

> However, I'm unsure as to what the most urgent needs are?

This is a good question. :)

> It seems
> from the website that having someone to act as a release manager may
> be the biggest hole?  At the least, offering a  slimmed-down
> whonix-light with a default-command-line gateway and LXDE-workstation
> sounds like a fantastic product.

Yes, that would be great.

> If so, that's a role I'd be
> interested in filling either pseudonymously or, (preferably) openly.

What do you mean by openly? By openly you mean non-anonymously using
your real name? Who would that be? (If you want, you can tell me OpenPGP
mail if you're still unsure.)

Non-anonymously would be preferred because the one creating the binary
builds is capable of adding a backdoor before uploading. But I am still
open to suggestions.

> Or, if development is a higher priority, I'm happy to contribute
> bugfixes and assist in new features.  Let me know how I can be of
> assistance!

Do you speak git? Do you speak /bin/bash?

Would you be interested to help with verifiable builds?
https://github.com/Whonix/Whonix/issues/113

If that was implemented, it would make it a lot simpler to allow
pseudonymous builds. And also increase the security against
sophisticated compromises a lot.

Cheers,
adrelanos