[Whonix-devel] New Announcement: Qubes + Whonix is now available!

whonixqubes at mail2tor.com whonixqubes at mail2tor.com
Fri Aug 29 16:33:21 CEST 2014

With the help of several kind people in the Whonix & Qubes communities, I
have successfully integrated the Qubes + Whonix operating systems
together.

For those who would prefer Whonix as an alternative to TorVM in Qubes,
this option is now available to you.

This initial Qubes + Whonix configuration is achived using current versions:

 - Qubes R2rc2 & Whonix 8.2

Qubes + Whonix currently exists as a customized dual HVM configuration:

 - Whonix-Gateway HVM + Whonix-Workstation HVM

A simple networking setup for Qubes + Whonix would look like:

 - NetVM <- FirewallVM <- Whonix-Gateway <- Whonix-Workstation

Where, for example, the Whonix-Gateway conceptually replaces TorVM as your
Tor ProxyVM, and Whonix-Workstation conceptually replaces your standard
AppVMs (AnonVMs).

You can get the Qubes + Whonix step-by-step instructions and more info here:

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes

All suggestions and feedback are welcome!

I look forward to helping make Qubes + Whonix integration even tighter and
more seamless throughout the future.

If you're interested in the future growth of the Qubes + Whonix platform,
then please join in with us to actively further this goal.

For example, when ProxyVM support is added to the Qubes Debian Template,
we can take Qubes + Whonix beyond the current HVM limitation and utilize a
naitive ProxyVM + AppVM setup for Whonix.

Thank you again to everyone who helped me bring the first known successful
Qubes + Whonix configuration to the world...

Patrick, Joanna, Marek, Jason, Axon, cprise, and everyone else who has
helped! Thank you! :)

P.S. Qubes + Whonix 9 support is coming soon!