[Whonix-devel] Release Candidate! Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( 10.0.0.5.5 )
Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS
newblogpost at whonix.org
Sun Apr 19 22:21:41 CEST 2015
The version number for this testers-only release is 10.0.0.5.5, which will become Whonix 10 the moment it's blessed stable.
Download link for Virtual Box images (.ova), experimental kvm / qemu / Qubes images and OpenPGP signatures (.asc):
Upgrading Whonix 9 to Whonix 10:
- from the testers repository
If you want to build from source code, see:
Thanks to everyone who made this test release possible!
KVM Release Notes:
Existing users should update their xml files. See
Changelog between Whonix 9 and Whonix 10.0.0.5.0:
Changelog between Whonix 10.0.0.5.0 and Whonix 10.0.0.5.5:
- apparmor-profile-whonixcheck: fixes
- apparmor-profile-pidgin: fixes
- whonix-developer-meta-files: added a mirror tester script
- whonix-developer-meta-files: streamlined release maintenance scripts
- fix, no longer install tor package in Whonix-Workstation - https://phabricator.whonix.org/T262
- genmkfile: implemented "make git-tag-push"
- genmkfile: implemented "make reprepro-add"
- removed control-port-filter (bash) from source in favor of control-port-filter-python
- gpg-bash-lib: fixed dry run of gpg --fingerprint
- tb-updater: fix
- apparmor-profile-torbrowser: fixes
- whonix-legacy: fix broken gateway-firsttimesetup.desktop desktop icon after Whonix 9 -> Whonix 10 upgrade
- whonix-legacy: fix "Warning: Could not find '/usr/lib/whonixsetup', starting '/bin/bash' instead. Please check your profile settings." by deleting obsolete /etc/xdg/autostart/whonixsetup.desktop - https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,971.0.html
- build-steps.d/2600_create-vbox-vm: Allow clipboard copying from the host to guest to ease entering bridges. - https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,986.0.html
-- anon-meta-packages: added console-setup to anon-shared-packages-dependencies so users can use /etc/default/keyboard as alternative mechanism to change the keyboard layout
-- anon-meta-packages: added console-data to anon-shared-packages-dependencies to make sure all three packages console-setup, console-data and console-common are installed.
This post has been automatically cross-posted by whonix.org/blog To see the original (including links), go to https://www.whonix.org/blog/testers-wanted-10-10-0-0-5-5
More information about the Whonix-devel