[Whonix-devel] Pre-Release Audit of qubes-whonix 10.0.2-1

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS newblogpost at whonix.org
Fri Apr 24 19:41:57 CEST 2015

This announcement is pertaining to the Qubes + Whonix project for those interested in running Whonix on top of Qubes.

We have a newly developed and proposed version (10.0.2-1) of the "qubes-whonix" package, which is the primary module that allows Whonix to run seamlessly with Qubes. And before we go to release it, we are kicking off a brief audit period that is open to the Qubes + Whonix communities.

So if you have some developer knowledge and would like to look through the code, test things, or raise any usability or security concerns you find, then now is the best time to do so before we go to release the next version in the upcoming days.

This "qubes-whonix" package is planned to be used with the QubesBuilder [1] to generate new versions of the Whonix templates for Qubes.

Feel free to look through the code and let us know if you spot anything that needs attention.

The "qubes-whonix" package git repository is located here:

- https://github.com/Whonix/qubes-whonix

You can get more info about the audit and communicate with us through our audit forum thread:

- https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,1169.0.html

You can find the primary documentation about the Qubes + Whonix project at:

- https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes

Note that this audit period is brief and off-the-cuff, as we seem to spring new releases on the community without much notice or involvement. In the future, I hope our team can establish an even better open community centric release process for new versions of Qubes + Whonix with a bit more time for fair warning, auditing, and testing. As an example, Patrick does a good job of this with Whonix releases.

Thanks everyone! :D