[Whonix-devel] A Picture is Worth More than a Thousand Informants

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS newblogpost at whonix.org
Thu Oct 8 22:33:49 CEST 2015

Anonymous blogging and journalism is becoming ever complicated in the age of mass surveillance and data mining. I want to draw the attention of our publishing users to the fact that every photo and video shot with a camera carries its sensor's unique fingerprint and unlike regular digital file metadata, there is no practical software to clean up this type of identifier. This links the data you share back to you or your source even, if you publish them from behind Tor.

Its not an unsurmountable problem. Provided you religiously follow the updated operational security guidelines posted on the wiki, you should be able to safely share your facts with the world.

Stay safe. Stay free.

This post has been automatically cross-posted by whonix.org/blog To see the original (including links), go to https://www.whonix.org/blog/a-picture-is-worth-more-than-a-thousand-informants