[Whonix-devel] Overstanding LATEG

Spencer spencerone at openmailbox.org
Tue Jan 5 20:37:03 CET 2016

Hi,

> Patrick Schleizer:
>
> It takes too longer to explain what they are.

Entry Guards are the first connection in the network.

Though this requires knowing that the network is a series of computers,
and maybe the correlation to guards defending things like a gate to a
castle.

> I bet the usability designers would very much dislike this question.

I feel like they would have little logic to defend that position :)  It
becomes difficult to use things that are not clearly understood. It,
then, becomes difficult to trust things that are not clearly understood,
especially given the stakes of many Tor Network use-cases.

> If you want LATEG questions in Tor wizards, please try the Tor Project.

Will do.

> Not a good
> feature to be first introduced at the Whonix / Tails level.

It seems like it would be the typical upstream flow, so I disagree.

Wordlife,
Spencer