[Whonix-devel] Overstanding LATEG

Patrick Schleizer adrelanos at riseup.net
Wed Jan 6 00:31:47 CET 2016

Spencer:
>> Patrick Schleizer:
>> That ticket does not discuss LATEG.
>>

> Correct.  The ticket seems to be an evolving one, given that the
> description differs from the latest comments.
>
> It seems that this is the relevant ticket for the Tor Launcher startup
> flow, though I may be mixing some things up, since that is what was
> discussed in today's Applications Team meeting.
>
> And there is this, though I am unsure as to why they chose this:
> https://marvelapp.com/15a2294
>
> I thought you meant bother the TBB team about mentioning Entry Guards in
> the dialogs, not location aware ones; am I mistaken?  I see value in
> both, by the way.

Of course about LATEG, because this mailing list thread is about LATEG.

There is some discussion about location aware Tor entry guards on
torproject.org already. Please search. The most relevant ticket seems to
be this one.

Anyhow. No one yet has suggested to add LATEG to tor-launcher. Since
they're revamping tor-launcher at the moment, it may be a good
opportunist to bring this this aspect into the discussion.

Cheers,
Patrick