[Whonix-devel] How to configure a custom path to trusted.gpg in Debian stretch?

Sun Jan 15 11:12:00 CET 2017

In jessie, the following works:

-o Dir::Etc::trusted=/path/to/trusted.gpg
-o Dir::Etc::trusted.d=/path/to/trusted.gpg.d

In stretch apparently the above two options were deprecated?

In stretch apparently there are more/other options?

Dir::Etc::trusted
Dir::Etc::trusted.d
Dir::Etc::TrustedParts/d
Apt::GPGV::TrustedKeyring
Dir::Etc::Trusted/f

In any combination, these don't work for me. apt-get keeps using the
defaults. Also I haven't found documentation / examples anywhere on the
internet.

(I made sure I am using a gpg keyring rather than gpg keybox file that
works when inside the standard location.)

Could you please post an example on how to use trusted.gpg and
trusted.gpg.d?

(Use case: Using Whonix build script. In combination with a custom
Dir::Etc::sourcelist / Dir::Etc::sourceparts. 'apt-get update'ing a
specific sources list and apt key while not using any system defaults /
without touching any system defaults.)

Best regards,
Patrick