[Whonix-devel] [Secure Desktops] Hi!

bancfc at openmailbox.org bancfc at openmailbox.org
Mon Jan 30 22:34:50 CET 2017

On 2017-01-30 20:41, ng0 wrote:
> ng0 <contact.ng0 at cryptolab.net> writes:
>

> […]
>
>> Indeed, which is why I see tlsdated only as an intermediate solution.
>
> Clarification about this point:
> I did a short braindump about the roadmap. As it's not gitlab or
> anything interactive (that's stuck behind an invite only onion
> for now) I have to add that for some months I got lost and right
> now almost everything is at 80%, working on the last 20% of
> almost everything.

Take your time. Please let us know when your public tracker goes live
for a chance to give feedback.

> * You will see that tlsdated is just really intermediate.

Got it :)

> * Section "/ [optional items]" is one of these items which would
>   need better documentation to understand, the short note is:
>   ignore this section.
>
> * I could exchange uclibc-ng for musl if I wanted a shortcut, but
>   this would involve running into even more walls.

uclibc-ng sounds cool. Where can I read more about the hardening
features it implements?

> https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/pragmaOS/
>

> new service: system selfdestruction(?)

Something like a hotkey combination that securely erases the encrypted
partition's headers?

> For sdwdate:
>
> As far as I know I got stuck with porting genmkfile. Months later
> I will sure proceed further than before, but I think I might
> still hit problems. I imagine whonix-devel at whonix.org is the
> right list to address for porting issues.

Yes. Please feel free.