[Whonix-devel] [qubes-users] Whonix 14 - upgrade or re-install? Whats more smooth, less troublesome?
patrick-mailinglists at whonix.org
Tue Aug 14 22:10:00 CEST 2018
This is completely untested. Let me know what you think and if this
works for you.
* A backup of all Qubes VMs using the usual Qubes backup mechanism
(independent from below) is advisable anyhow.
* One who mind about their contents could clone their sys-whonix to
sys-whonix-backup and clone their anon-whonix to anon-whonix-backup.
Those who don't mind about their contents probably don't have this issue
* Then delete anon-whonix and sys-whonix.
* Then proceed as per https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes/Install
* Then delete the newly created sys-whonix / anon-whonix.
* Clone sys-whonix-backup to sys-whonix.
* Clone anon-whonix-backup to anon-whonix.
* Finally delete superfluous sys-whonix-backup / anon-whonix-backup.
More information about the Whonix-devel