[Whonix-devel] Entropy Daemon Questions

procmem at riseup.net procmem at riseup.net
Sun Apr 21 18:44:25 CEST 2019

Hi vanheusden, I'm a privacy distro (Whonix) maintainer based on Tor and
I recently came across your audio/video entropy daemons when researching
more about the Linux PRNG. I wanted to know if any video or audio input
is cached at any point on disk (doesn't matter encrypted or not) while
being used by the daemons. I want to make sure we are not leaving more
forensically recoverable evidence on disk as a tradeoff to getting
entropy from these sources.

Off-topic does the timer daemon work early on in boot to mitigate the
weak seeding problems frequently cited on embedded devices? What do you
think of jitternetropyd? Is it an altenrative to the timer daemon or
complementary?

TIA

cc/ our mailing list so our users can benefit