[Whonix-devel] Debian Trademark Question - HardenedDeb

Patrick Schleizer adrelanos at riseup.net
Sun May 12 03:43:00 CEST 2019

Hi Chris,

we, the developers of Whonix (a derivative of Debian), are planning to
create yet another derivative of Debian. A version with security
enhancements enabled by default.

We yet need to decide on a suitable name. Concerning the Debian
trademark, following [1] [2], do you think any of the following names
would infringe the Debian trademark / confuse our derivative with the
original, Debian?

DebHardened
HardenedDeb
HardenDeb
EnhanceDeb
EnDeb
NDeb
DebSec
HarDeb

Essentially our idea was to call it Deb something, which isn't Debian,
but hints at that we're Debian based.

cc'd whonix-devel public mailing list so our developers and readers and
benefit from your reply.

Cheers,
Patrick

[1] http://www.debian.org/trademark