[Whonix-devel] Debian Trademark Question - HardenedDeb

Sam Hartman hartmans at debian.org
Sun May 12 14:20:01 CEST 2019

    Patrick> Hi Chris, we, the developers of Whonix (a derivative of
    Patrick> Debian), are planning to create yet another derivative of
    Patrick> Debian. A version with security enhancements enabled by
    Patrick> default.

    Patrick> We yet need to decide on a suitable name. Concerning the
    Patrick> Debian trademark, following [1] [2], do you think any of
    Patrick> the following names would infringe the Debian trademark /
    Patrick> confuse our derivative with the original, Debian?

Hi.
As of the end of April, Chris's term as Debian Project Leader ended and
my term began.
I wish you the best of luck in developing your new derivative.  I hope
that you contribute as much of the code as you can back to Debian.

With regard to the trademark, according to [1] above, you should contact
our Trademark Team with this question.  They can be reached at
trademark at debian.org.
I've forwarded your request.

--Sam