[Whonix-devel] Whonix 9.3 Maintenance Release - Testers wanted!
Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS
newblogpost at whonix.org
Sat Oct 18 15:30:35 CEST 2014
Existing users can upgrade the usual way using apt-get, see also: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Security_Guide#Updates
Changelog between 9 and 9.3:
- anon-gw-anonymizer-config: Fixed startup of Tor due to an AppArmor conflict as per bug reports in the forums https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,559.0.html. Needed to out commented "/usr/bin/obfsproxy rix," in file "/etc/apparmor.d/local/system_tor.anondist" because The Tor Project added "/usr/bin/obfsproxy PUx," to file "/etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/tor". Therefore users of obfsproxy will now end up running obfsproxy unconfined, because we would now require a standalone obfsproxy AppArmor profile. Note, that this is not a Whonix specific issue. Also if you were using plain Debian, no one redistributes an obfsproxy AppArmor profile at time of writing.
- updated frozen sources (contains apt-get and bash security fixes)
- updated frozen sources (contains bash shellshock #2 fixes)
- anon-ws-disable-stacked-tor: Tor Browser 4.x compatibility fix
- tb-starter: Tor Browser 4.x compatibility fix
This post has been automatically cross-posted by whonix.org/blog To see the original (including links), go to http://www.whonix.org/blog/whonix-9-3-maintenance-release-testers-wanted
More information about the Whonix-devel