[Whonix-devel] Whonix Anonymous Operating System Version 11 Released!

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS newblogpost at whonix.org
Mon Aug 17 18:02:46 CEST 2015

Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It's based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user's real IP.
Whonix consists of two parts: One solely runs Tor and acts as a gateway, which we call Whonix-Gateway. The other, which we call Whonix-Workstation, is on a completely isolated network. Only connections through Tor are possible.

Whonix for VirtualBox

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox

Whonix for KVM

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/KVM

Whonix for Qubes

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes

If you want to upgrade existing Whonix version using Whonix's APT repository

- Special instructions required: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Upgrading_Whonix_10_to_Whonix_11

If you want to upgrade existing Whonix version from source code

See https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/BuildDocumentation.

If you want to build images from source code

See https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/BuildDocumentation.

Call for Help

- If you know javascript, python, shell scripting (/bin/bash) and/or linux sysadmin, please join us!
- Contribute: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Contribute
- Donate: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Donate

Changelog between Whonix 10 and Whonix 11

See following two blog posts that were calls for testing, these contain the changelogs. Whonix 11.0.0.3.0 has been blessed stable and released as Whonix 11.

- https://www.whonix.org/blog/whonix-11-testers-wanted
- https://www.whonix.org/blog/testers-wanted-rc-11-0-0-3-0

Forum Discussion:

link soon