[Whonix-devel] Whonix 12 released!

Whonix | Privacy and Anonymity OS newblogpost at whonix.org
Mon Dec 14 23:41:38 CET 2015

Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It's based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user's real IP.
Whonix consists of two parts: One solely runs Tor and acts as a gateway, which we call Whonix-Gateway. The other, which we call Whonix-Workstation, is on a completely isolated network. Only connections through Tor are possible.

(Same version as Whonix 12.0.0.3.2 RC.)

Whonix for Qubes

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes

Whonix for KVM

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/KVM

Whonix for VirtualBox

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox

If you want to upgrade existing Whonix version using Whonix's APT repository

See https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Update.

If you want to upgrade existing Whonix version from source code

See https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/BuildDocumentation.

If you want to build images from source code

See https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/BuildDocumentation.

Call for Help

- If you know javascript, python, shell scripting (/bin/bash) and/or linux sysadmin, please join us!
- Contribute: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Contribute
- Donate: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Donate

Changelog between Whonix 11 and Whonix 12

https://phabricator.whonix.org/maniphest/query/zI8upzLwYxfe/#R

This post has been automatically cross-posted by whonix.org/blog To see the original (including links), go to https://www.whonix.org/blog/whonix-12-released