Either start with fresh templates. I.e. uninstall qubes-template-whonix-gw and qubes-template-whonix-ws. Then, to install, run in dom0:
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-unstable qubes-template-whonix-gw qubes-template-whonix-ws
Or you can also upgrade from Whonix testers repository. Please refer to the following instructions:
The Qubes OS team is looking for several additional team members:
- Debian template manager
- stable release manager
- core developer
You can read more in their posting. From my experience working with the Qubes OS team, they are easy to work with.
In my view, the Debian template maintainer and core developer positions are good ways to get a position in a Libre Software project, by starting as a volunteer working on open tasks. Be helpful. Relieve more work from existing developers than adding to their plate. This is the most convincing thing you can do.
In ~10 years Quantum Computers will break todays common asymmetric public-key cryptography algorithms used for web encryption (https), e-mail encryption (gnupg…), ssh and others. See Post-Quantum Cryptography (PQCrypto).
Get paid to work on programming tasks! Up to $ 3.000 USD per task.
List of bounties and details:
– Build Debian Packages from Source Code – $ 3.000 USD – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code
– make grsecurity kernel, grsecurity-installer work inside Whonix – $ 1000 USD – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/14471558-make-grsecurity-kernel-grsecurity-installer-work-inside-whonix
– package paxrat for offical debian.org repository – $ 200 USD – https://phabricator.whonix.org/T468
– bountysource/frontend – Add support for Phabricator – $ 200 USD – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1384856-add-support-for-phabricator-100
Bounty too low? How to apply?
1) Go to specific bountysource tickets.
2) Click on “Developers”
3) Click on “Get Started”
4) Select Status “Bounty too low”
5) Enter your offer and press “Save”.
The bounty may then be increased by if realistic and sustainable.
If you have any questions, please get in contact.