Free Support for Whonix™
There are 3 support options available. You are on the "Free Support" page. Choose below ↓
Whonix has many users and a long tradition. Therefore many questions have already been asked and answered. There area a lot of free resources offered (see below) to solve your problems. If not consider Plus or Premium support.
- General questions about computer security can be discussed at Information Security Stack Exchange.
- When Tor Browser Downloader is failing, refer to the Whonix User Forums. Since many users are affected when it breaks, there is probably already an existing topic and documented solution.
- Linux/Debian related questions are welcome  on Unix and Linux Stack Exchange.
- Add the whonix tag , which will alert Whonix developers and followers.
For general questions about about Tor configuration, specs, and technical issues.
For general Tor questions not directly related (unspecific to Whonix) like "What are end-to-end correlation attacks?", use:
For Tor-on-host questions unrelated to Whonix such as "How do I configure bridges?", see:
- Tor forums
- Tor Stack Exchange
- tor-talk mailing list
- IRC / Webchat
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tor Project contact page
For Whonix-specific Tor questions, see:
- Tor Stack Exchange. Add the whonix tag,  which will alert Whonix developers and followers. 
- For Whonix-specific questions that are unsuitable for the stackexchange Q/A format, use the Whonix User Forums.
- Enhancements and community bug tracker - Github qubes-issues.
- Various daily questions and/or problems - Google Groups qubes-users.
- HCL reports.
- Installation problems.
- Hardware compatibility problems.
- General, how do I...?
- Mailing lists and other Help and Support resources.
- Also see: What to post in this Qubes-Whonix™ forum and what not.
Additional Support Resources
For additional support resources, please press on Expand on the right.
For general questions on VirtualBox configuration, settings, and troubleshooting.
General questions on using KVM.
Support resources ranging from beginners questions to Debian development.
- Support Main Page.
- Wiki - Howto's, guides, tips....
- Mailing Lists.
- Bug Tracker.
Any questions related to OpenVPN setup, configuration and technical issues.
- Whonix Policy of Whonix Website and Whonix Chat
- Limitations on Free Speech on Whonix Website and Whonix Chat
- Self Support First Policy applies.
- If an anonymous email address is needed for signing up at Whonix User Help Forums then click here.
- Posting Links for New Users
- Uploading Images for Support
- Avoid Oneboxing for Anchored Links
- Before Creating a New Thread
- Bumping Old Threads
- Clean Mediawiki Links
- Clickable Quotes
- Editing Best Practices
- Forum Feature Requests
- See Also
What is said may reveal personal information such as:
- Location / IP Address.
- Skills, Aims, Goals.
- Personal Details.
To keep the IP address hidden, visit these websites anonymously over Tor, using either the Whonix-Workstation™ or Tor Browser from The Tor Project. To delink questions from an existing email or OpenID, it is advisable to create a separate email address, OpenID, and user name/s just for this purpose.
Be careful with the advice received from public places. Always get a second opinion and do not run commands or perform steps which you do not understand. Never post any custom code or output that pertains to your system or onion service specifically.
It is highly recommended to read the following links:
Self Support First Policy
The Whonix team is promoting the "Self Support First Policy". It is a policy, usually employed by small open source teams with limited resources. It means utilizing all of your options from public sources first, then search engines, already existing content and answers, then sources inside the forum and only then consider reaching out in the forum and through direct support.
Details on Self Support First Policy
- Whonix users are welcome to post in this forum.
- VirtualBox, KVM, Debian and OpenVPN support resources