Whonix ™ Policy On Non-Freedom Software
The Whonix ™ project is a Freedom Software project.
Whonix ™ is not a Freedom Software maximalist project, since it does not adhere to the Free System Distribution Guidelines (GNU FSDG) [archive] (forum discussion [archive]). However, Whonix ™ will not bundle any unnecessary, major non-freedom software software components or contribute to these.
Policy on Non-Freedom Software
Table: Whonix ™ Policy on Non-Freedom Software
|Contributions to Non-Freedom Software|
|Non-Freedom Firmware for upcoming Whonix-Host||
The current position on nonfreedom software:
|Policy Rationale||This policy has been devised for the following reasons:
- Why Whonix ™ is Freedom Software
- Unsubstantiated Conclusions
- Avoid Non-Freedom Software
- Miscellaneous Threats to User Freedom
- Forum discussion: Whonix Policy On Non-Freedom Software [archive]
- non-freedom, proprietary, closed source firmware, CPU microcode and drivers