Send Telegram Messages over Tor with Whonix ™
Telegram is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security, it’s super-fast, simple and free. You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time — your messages sync seamlessly across any number of your phones, tablets or computers.
With Telegram, you can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc), as well as create groups for up to 200,000 people or channels for broadcasting to unlimited audiences. You can write to your phone contacts and find people by their usernames. As a result, Telegram is like SMS and email combined — and can take care of all your personal or business messaging needs. In addition to this, we support end-to-end encrypted voice calls.
Advantages include: 
- the client source code, protocol and API are opensource - other closed source elements are planned for eventual release in the future
- verified builds are supported
- end-to-end client encryption via a 'secret chats' option [archive]
- options for self-destructing messages, two-step verification and other advanced privacy/security options 
- support for Android, iPhone/iPad, Windows, macOS and Linux
- access to chats across multiple devices
- no limits on the size of chats and media
- a free service with no advertisements or subscriptions
- a stated commitment to protect personal information, conversations and other data
On the downside, the application requires the user to register a phone number to create a Telegram account. This is why it is not recommended for anonymous messaging at this time. Interested readers can learn more about the security protocol here [archive].
To launch the application, in Whonix-Workstation ™ terminal run.
Figure: Telegram Desktop in Whonix ™ 
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation. Policy of Whonix Website and Whonix Chat and Policy On Nonfreedom Software applies.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2021 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)
The personal opinions of moderators or contributors to the Whonix ™ project do not represent the project as a whole.