Whonix ™ Project Activities: Innovation, Cooperation and Education
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Whonix ™ Project Activities
Table: Whonix ™ Innovation
|Invent mechanisms for rapid Debian packaging||
|Miscellaneous||Maintaining a general interest in security matters, scrutinizing solutions, and connecting people. |
Table: Whonix ™ Cooperation
- Google Summer of Code
- Google Season of Docs (GSoD)
- CS Student Capstone (Bachelor's Senior project) for Whonix
Whonix ™ undertakes a broad range of educational activities, including:
- Extensive Documentation covering technical aspects and operational security.
- Whonix ™ answers are seldom disputed; for example see answers by Patrick Schleizer on Tor Stack Exchange.
- Operating a responsive forum, providing user support for the community.
- Debian derivative development documentation, for example: About Debian Packaging
Whonix ™ maintenance activities are wide in scope and include:
- Following developments in anonymity, security and privacy and formulating solutions. For example this
aptbug led to the posting of a news item and instructions to safely resolve the matter.
- Maintaining various components.
- Ongoing development:
- Keeping the whonix.org server safe and up-to-date with various webapps (website, wiki, forums and issue tracker).
- Testing new packages.
- Calling for testers, then reviewing and processing feedback from testers.
- Creating downloadable Whonix ™ builds.
- Keeping the community informed about recent developments at Whonix.
- Porting to the next stable version of Debian. 
- For example, the Tips on Remaining Anonymous page outlines that non-anonymous activity in one browser and simultaneous anonymous activity in another browser can lead to deanonymization.