Whonix ™ Project Activities: Innovation, Cooperation and Education
Whonix ™ Project Activities
Table: Whonix ™ Innovation
|Invent mechanisms for rapid Debian packaging||
|Miscellaneous||Maintaining a general interest in security matters, scrutinizing solutions, and connecting people. |
Table: Whonix ™ Cooperation
- Google Summer of Code [archive]
- Google Season of Docs (GSoD) [archive]
- CS Student Capstone (Bachelor's Senior project) for Whonix [archive]
Whonix ™ undertakes a broad range of educational activities, including:
- Extensive Documentation covering technical aspects and operational security.
- Whonix ™ answers are seldom disputed; for example see answers by Patrick Schleizer [archive] on Tor Stack Exchange [archive].
- Operating a responsive forum [archive], providing user support for the community.
- Debian derivative development documentation, for example: About Debian Packaging
Whonix ™ maintenance activities are wide in scope and include:
- Following developments in anonymity, security and privacy and formulating solutions. For example this
aptbug [archive] led to the posting of a news item [archive] and instructions to safely resolve the matter.
- Maintaining various components.
- Ongoing development:
- Keeping the whonix.org server safe and up-to-date with various webapps (website, wiki, forums and issue tracker).
- Testing new packages.
- Calling for testers, then reviewing and processing feedback from testers.
- Creating downloadable Whonix ™ builds.
- Keeping the community informed about recent developments at Whonix [archive].
- Porting to the next stable version of Debian. 
- https://forums.whonix.org/t/jitterentropy-rngd/7204 [archive]
- For example, the Tips on Remaining Anonymous page outlines that non-anonymous activity in one browser and simultaneous anonymous activity in another browser can lead to deanonymization.
- https://forums.whonix.org/t/port-whonix-from-debian-stretch-to-debian-buster/7101 [archive]