What we do
- Thinking hard about obscure attacks on anonymity such as clock correlation deanonymization attacks and develop countermeasures. See Dev/TimeSync.
- Add support for multiple anonymity networks to cater to different user bases.
- Invent mechanisms for rapid Debian packaging.
- genmkfile - easy and turbo packaging of scripts and config files
- Demonstrating how to hassle free write man pages.
- Example... (Using this for all related Whonix packages.)
- Written in markdown.
- Just 3 lines of packaging required.
- Focus on the anonymity and privacy field, not getting into unimportant details. Understand issues regular users are having and create a better UX.
- Reporting issues at other projects, such as:
- The Tor Project
- Successfully communicate issues in the Tor ecosystem and do so whenever we find something. Some suggestions have been implemented and others accepted.
- Reported a number of security/privacy/anonymity issues some of them which could lead to deanonymization.
Please press on expand on the right for a list of references.
- Linux TCP Initial Sequence Numbers may aid correlation
- Coordinate an active developer community Whonix team.
- troubadour: https://github.com/troubadoour?tab=repositories
- Flexible packaging to allow cherry-picking of functionality by privacy and non-privacy distros alike: https://github.com/Whonix/anon-meta-packages/blob/master/debian/control
- providing all of Whonix improvements to Debian as reusable (by others) packages split by functionality: https://github.com/Whonix
- Timely review and merging of contributions.
- Did you know, that using non-anonymous activity in one browser and anonymous activity in another browser at the same time might get you deanonymized? We documented that and lots of other stuff.
- answers are seldom disputed: http://tor.stackexchange.com/users/80/adrelanos?tab=answers
- Run a community, doing user support.
- Extensive Documentation covering technical aspects and operational security.
Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss
Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation. Whonix (g+) is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Libre Software license as Whonix itself.