What we do
- Thinking hard about obscure attacks on anonymity such as clock correlation deanonymization attacks and develop countermeasures. See Dev/TimeSync.
- Add support for multiple anonymity networks to cater to different user bases.
- Invent mechanisms for rapid Debian packaging.
- genmkfile [archive] - easy and turbo packaging of scripts and config files
- Demonstrating how to hassle free write man pages.
- Example... (Using this for all related Whonix ™ packages.)
- Written in markdown.
- Just 3 lines of packaging required.
- https://github.com/Whonix/tor-ctrl/blob/master/man/tor-ctrl.8.ronn [archive]
- Focus on the anonymity and privacy field, not getting into unimportant details. Understand issues regular users are having and create a better UX.
- Develop Concepts:
- General security interest, scrutiny, and connecting people. 
- Reporting issues at other projects, such as:
- The Tor Project
- Successfully communicate issues in the Tor ecosystem and do so whenever we find something. Some suggestions have been implemented and others accepted.
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?reporter=proper&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?reporter=adrelanos&col=id&col=summary&col=type&col=status&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority [archive]
- Reported a number of security/privacy/anonymity issues some of them which could lead to deanonymization.
Please press on expand on the right for a list of references.
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8751 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8170 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9810 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9811 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6336 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6335 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6337 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6338 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8312 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6210 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/7197 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6102 [archive]
- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8213 [archive]
- Linux TCP Initial Sequence Numbers may aid correlation [archive]
- kloak [archive] - Keystroke Anonymization Tool 
- https://secure-os.org/pipermail/desktops/ [archive]
- zuluCrypt 
- Coordinate an active developer community Whonix ™ contributors.
- troubadour: https://github.com/troubadoour?tab=repositories [archive]
- Flexible packaging to allow cherry-picking of functionality by privacy and non-privacy distros alike: https://github.com/Whonix/anon-meta-packages/blob/master/debian/control [archive]
- providing all of Whonix ™ improvements to Debian as reusable (by others) packages split by functionality: https://github.com/Whonix [archive]
- use many packages developed by Whonix ™ with Debian too
- Timely review and merging of contributions.
- Google Summer of Code [archive]
- Google Season of Docs (GSoD) [archive]
- CS Student Capstone (Bachelor's Senior project) for Whonix [archive]
- Did you know, that using non-anonymous activity in one browser and anonymous activity in another browser at the same time might get you deanonymized? We documented that and lots of other stuff.
- answers are seldom disputed: http://tor.stackexchange.com/users/80/adrelanos?tab=answers [archive]
- Run a community [archive], doing user support.
- Extensive Documentation covering technical aspects and operational security.
- Technical documentation. For example: Configuration Files.
- Debian derivative development documentation. For example: About Debian Packaging
- Follow developments in anonymity, security and privacy, such as this apt bug [archive], post a news [archive], develop instructions.
- Maintain various components.
- Development. See this subset list of Whonix ™ git commits [archive].
- >100 Whonix ™ source code repositories [archive].
- Keep whonix.org server safe and up to date with various webapps (website, wiki, forums, issue tracker).
- Test new packages.
- Call for, review feedback by, and process feedback by testers.
- Create downloadable Whonix ™ builds.
- recent developments at Whonix [archive]
- Port to next stable version of Debian. 
- https://forums.whonix.org/t/jitterentropy-rngd/7204 [archive]
- https://forums.whonix.org/t/port-whonix-from-debian-stretch-to-debian-buster/7101 [archive]
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2020 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)