What we do
- Thinking hard about obscure attacks on anonymity such as clock correlation deanonymization attacks and develop countermeasures. See Dev/TimeSync.
- Add support for multiple anonymity networks to cater to different user bases.
- Invent mechanisms for rapid Debian packaging.
- genmkfile - easy and turbo packaging of scripts and config files
- Demonstrating how to hassle free write man pages.
- Example... (Using this for all related Whonix packages.)
- Written in markdown.
- Just 3 lines of packaging required.
- Focus on the anonymity and privacy field, not getting into unimportant details. Understand issues regular users are having and create a better UX.
- Reporting issues at other projects, such as:
- The Tor Project
- Successfully communicate issues in the Tor ecosystem and do so whenever we find something. Some suggestions have been implemented and others accepted.
- Reported a number of security/privacy/anonymity issues some of them which could lead to deanonymization.
Please press on expand on the right for a list of references.
- Linux TCP Initial Sequence Numbers may aid correlation
- Coordinate an active developer community Whonix team.
- troubadour: https://github.com/troubadoour?tab=repositories
- Flexible packaging to allow cherry-picking of functionality by privacy and non-privacy distros alike: https://github.com/Whonix/anon-meta-packages/blob/master/debian/control
- providing all of Whonix improvements to Debian as reusable (by others) packages split by functionality: https://github.com/Whonix
- Timely review and merging of contributions.
- Did you know, that using non-anonymous activity in one browser and anonymous activity in another browser at the same time might get you deanonymized? We documented that and lots of other stuff.
- answers are seldom disputed: http://tor.stackexchange.com/users/80/adrelanos?tab=answers
- Run a community, doing user support.
- Extensive Documentation covering technical aspects and operational security.
https | (forcing) onion
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.Whonix is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Libre Software license as Whonix itself. (Why?)