Your impact will involve:
– developing Whonix, generally we like to improve security and usability, see github https://github.com/Whonix/Whonix/issues and forum https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/board,5.0.html for a roadmap
– improving documentation, fixing language, reorganization, documentation of new features, creating screenshots, etc.
– user support, answering user questions about Whonix
– creating videos about Whonix
– coordination of translators
– generally working on project related tasks depending on your optional abilities
– speaking for Whonix in virtual places (mailing lists, social media, etc.)
– speaking for Whonix in public at conferences
– self employed
– needless to say, this can not be done anonymously
– very good English language skills
– shell scripting, python, C, C++
– Being familiar with git.
Bonus, non mandatory requirements:
– webapps (mediawiki, wordpress, smf) and development of extension for those
– Have a history as Whonix contributor.
– Very good German language skills.
– Have experience with open-source software development, including working with distributed teams across different time-zones containing employees and volunteers of differing skill levels over multiple mediums, including email, instant messaging, and IRC.
– Have experience maintaining long-term software projects.
– Have a history of advocating Free Software.
– Have a history of advocating privacy and anonymity.
– Other language skills.
– computer law knowledge
– accounting / taxes knowledge
– Whonix has no office. You can work from wherever you want, in basically any country.
You’ll need to be comfortable in this environment! We coordinate via IRC, Instant Messaging, email, phone and video chats, bug trackers and forum.
– Academic degrees are great, but not required if you have the right experience.
– We only write free and open source software, and we don’t believe in software patents.
– We do not have founding for this position yet. In order to write a founding proposal, we need to be able to name interested people and expenses first.
How to apply:
– Link to a sample of projects you’ve coordinated in the past that you’re allowed to show us.
– Provide a CV explaining your background, experience, skills, and other relevant qualifications.
– List some people who can tell us more about you: these references could be employers or coworkers, open source projects, etc.
– Add your salary expectation.
– Add your availability.
– Add how many weekly hours you prefer.
– Email the above to Patrick Schleizer, firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying project coordinator position
License of this post:
– Whonix is produced independently of, with no guarantee from, The Tor Project.
– Some sentences taken from https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs-projectcoordinator.html.en http://www.webcitation.org/6ODZXBs6E license: https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en http://www.webcitation.org/6ODZWtaDD https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/ http://www.webcitation.org/6ODZWa8T5