Suggest installation of packages in interactive bash sessions This package will install a handler for command_not_found that looks up programs not currently installed but available from the repositories.
The order in which these commands are run matter.  But the process is idempotent. Meaning possible to re-apply all of the following steps.
sudo rm -f /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/30usability-misc
update-command-not-found with root rights.
update-command-not-found has been completed.
local variable 'cnf' referenced before assignment
- https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=917455 [archive]
- https://salsa.debian.org/jak/command-not-found/-/merge_requests/1 [archive]
- https://forums.whonix.org/t/command-not-found-warningcould-not-open-file-etc-apt-sources-list/7903 [archive]
- https://forums.whonix.org/t/speeding-up-apt-update-with-acquire-languages-none-and-contents-deb-defaultenabled-false-its-so-much-faster/8894 [archive]
- Also apt update cannot be skipped since package contents files need to be downloaded.
command-not-foundbecause it requires
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation. Policy of Whonix Website and Whonix Chat and Policy On Nonfreedom Software applies.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2021 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)
The personal opinions of moderators or contributors to the Whonix ™ project do not represent the project as a whole.