Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It's based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user's real IP.
Whonix consists of two parts: One solely runs Tor and acts as a gateway, which we call Whonix-Gateway. The other, which we call Whonix-Workstation, is on a completely isolated network. Only connections through Tor are possible.
To learn more about security and anonymity under Whonix, please continue to the About Whonix page.
is Free as in price and freedom, lets you run anonymous applications and servers.. Whonix has been rated /5 stars by users of sourceforge.net on 2014-12-03
Whonix-Workstation with KDE Desktop:
Whonix is produced independently of, and carries no guarantee from, The Tor Project.
- ↑ https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian
- ↑ Whonix sourceforge.net project home page (w); Whonix sourceforg.net project review page (w)
- ↑ Custom-Workstation: self made builds can run on any real or virtual hardware as long as they are behind a Whonix-Gateway. Tor Browser binaries are only available for a limited number of platforms (Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac).
- ↑ "License information". Debian. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- ↑ http://www.webcitation.org/6IA21tFaM
- ↑ http://www.webcitation.org/6IA20bIq5
- ↑ https://www.torproject.org
Thanks to Tomchen1989 from Wikimedia Commons for the download button! 1 (w)
Thanks for the MAT public domain screenshot to awxcnx.de
Log in | OpenID | Contact | Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss
https | .onion [note] | Mirror | Mirror
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit it! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.
Whonix (g+) is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted above, content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Free (as in speech) license as Whonix itself.