- 1 Facebook
- 2 Twitter
- 3 Summary
- 4 Logo Contest Draft
- 5 Forum Discussion
- 6 Refinement June 2016
- 6.1 Introduction
- 6.2 Test
- 6.3 Images
- 6.3.1 Whonix_Banner 600x321.png
- 6.3.2 Whonix_Facebook Cover.png
- 6.3.3 Whonix_Facebook Social Share.png
- 6.3.4 Whonix_Profile Dark.png
- 6.3.5 Whonix_Profile Light.png
- 6.3.6 Whonix_Twitter Cover.png
- 6.3.7 Whonix_Twitter Social Share.png
- 6.3.8 Whonix_WordPress Banner.png
- 6.3.9 Whonix Portal.jpg
- 6.3.10 whonix-tor.svg
- 6.4 raw
- 7 Whonix old logo
- 8 License
Facebook Profile Picture
What are the dimensions of my Page's profile picture?
Page profile pictures are square and display at 160x160 pixels on your Page. The photo you upload must be at least 180x180 pixels. We recommend uploading a square image. Rectangular images will be cropped to fit a square. Your Page's profile picture will also display next to your Page's name around Facebook to represent your Page.
You can be creative with how your Page's profile picture and cover photo go together. On your Page, the profile picture is located 16 pixels from the left side of your cover photo and 176 pixels from the top of your cover photo.
og:image This is an image associated with your media. We suggest that you use an image of at least 1200x630 pixels.
Facebook Cover Photo
What are the dimensions for my Page's cover photo?
Cover photos are 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall. If you upload an image that's smaller than these dimensions, it will be stretched to this larger size. The image you upload must be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall.
To get the fastest load times for your Page, upload an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes. For images with your logo or text, you may get a higher quality result by using a PNG file.
280px in width, and at least 150px in height. Image must be less than 1MB in size.
Twitter Picture in Tweet
Twitter Currently Working Example:
557 × 200 pixels seems to work quite well.
Twitter Profile Photo
Recommended dimensions for profile photos are 400x400 pixels.
Twitter Header Photo
Recommended dimensions for header photos are 1500x500 pixels.
- 400x400 -> 1x1
- 180x180 -> 1x1
- 1500x500 -> 3x1
- 1200x630 -> 1.9x1
- 851x315 -> 2.7x1
Logo Contest Draft
- Source in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) or EPS (Encapsulated PostScript) format.
- The image should convey the ideas behind Whonix: secrecy, privacy, anonymity, mystery, simplicity (Whonix is ready-to-use).
- A logo with an approximate 1:1 ratio. (old logo.) Size: 500x500 or 1000x1000.
- An optional landscape graphical creation including the logo. (old banner) Size: xxx X xxx
- The "Whonix" name must be spelled with an uppercase "W" only, and lowercase "honix".
- The image should be suited to print on nice stickers that people want to have on their computers, and on t-shirts that people are happy to wear.
- We cannot reuse the Tor, Debian or other logos for trademark/legal reasons.
- You'll surrender all rights of the image to Patrick Schleizer. The logo may be used for Whonix official branding/trademark.
- Make sure that the fonts that you use are compatible with XXX
As the logo will be used in quite different places, we encourage you to submit complementary materials. These are not strict requirements but will help us evaluate your proposal better. Besides, if your logo is chosen, we will need them anyway before we are able to put it to use publicly.
These complementary materials are:
- Fonts to be used to create other material matching the logo.
- Send to XXX forum thread XXX or e-mail email@example.com (will be posted in forum thread).
- **XXst of 2016**: Deadline for sending proposals (maybe 6 months after announcement of the logo contest?)
- **Xth of 2016**: The winner is announced. (maybe 1 month after logo contest ended?)
- old: https://forums.whonix.org/t/small-graphic-edit-task
- newer: https://forums.whonix.org/t/should-we-contact-ura-design-design-for-your-open-source-project/2509/32
Refinement June 2016
git full backup
uploadable to mediawiki
Whonix old logo
Whonix Dev/Logo wiki page Copyright (C) Amnesia <amnesia at boum dot org> Whonix Dev/Logo wiki page Copyright (C) 2012 -2014 Patrick Schleizer <firstname.lastname@example.org> This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the wiki source code. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see the wiki source code for details.
Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss
Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation. Whonix (g+) is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted above, content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Free (as in speech) license as Whonix itself.