Whonix 2020 Logo Contest
Existing downloadable Whonix ™ banners, logos and graphics be found here.
In 2020, Whonix ™ will have provided advanced anonymity and security to users for more than eight years. To celebrate this milestone we are announcing a contest for designers to create a new, vibrant Whonix ™ logo to give the platform a greater visual impact.
- The source must be in Scalable Vector Graphics (
- The image design should convey some of the concepts fundamental to Whonix ™: secrecy, privacy, anonymity, mystery and simplicity.
- The logo should have a
1:1ratio. (old logo.) The size can be
- The landscape graphical creation should have a
3:1ratio including the logo. (old banner) The size can be
Whonixname must be spelled with an uppercase "
W" only, and lowercase "
- The logo or banner should be suitable for printing. The intent is to produce attractive stickers that can be placed on computers as well as stylish t-shirts that people are proud to wear.
- Images should have no resemblance to occult symbols.
- The Tor, Debian or other related logos cannot be used for trademark/legal reasons.
- All images rights will be surrendered to the Whonix ™ project (ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP) see Template:Legal.
- The logo may be used for Whonix ™ official branding/trademark.
- Make sure the fonts in use are compatible with GPL3+.
- This is a voluntary contribution without any financial remuneration.
- All proposals can be discussed in public.
- Since a number of contributors might submit design ideas, there is no guarantee your design will be chosen.
As the logo and banner will be used in various places, contributors are encouraged to submit complementary materials. This is not a strict requirement, but it assists in evaluating proposals. Further, if your logo is chosen, we will require these materials before the logo and banner are publicly used.
The complementary materials are:
- Necessary fonts to create other material matching the logo.
- Post in forum thread or e-mail
- 31 December 2020: Deadline for sending proposals.
- 31 January 2021: The winner is announced.
Whonix ™ Dev/Logo Contest wiki page Copyright (C) Amnesia <amnesia at boum dot org>
Whonix ™ Dev/Logo Contest wiki page Copyright (C) 2012 - 2021 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the wiki source code.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see the wiki source code for details.