Whonix ™ Platform Goals
Developers believe that everyone has the right to private and secure browsing, communications, and hosting of services on the Internet. The Whonix ™ platform has been expressly created to achieve these intended goals. As outlined on the Main Page, the primary user groups are:
- People who value privacy as a fundamental right.
- Average computer users in repressed or censored environments.
- Investigators and whistle-blowers.
- Researchers, government officials and business-people.
- Political activists.
If there is any doubt, Whonix ™ was never designed to hide users who engage in criminal/unlawful acts.
Whonix ™ Forum Goals
Reminder: The primary forum aims include: education, fostering innovation and cooperation, resolution of Whonix ™ problems, further improvement of Whonix ™ security and privacy for all users, and assistance to individuals so they can safely achieve their (legal) goals.
Before engaging in the forums or requesting assistance, first thoroughly search the Whonix ™ documentation. Many common questions have already been addressed in relevant chapters. See also Support, Free Support Principle, Bug Reports and Software Development and Support Request Policy.
If suitable information cannot be located, please refer to the following rules before posting. Users who violate these rules may have their accounts suspended or deleted without notice.
Whonix ™ Forum Non-Purposes
- A free speech platform.
- Immortalization: the posting of comment(s) does not grant the author a permanent publishing right.
Do not post topics or information which:
- Violate trademarks or copyright.
- Pornographic or violent media or images.
- Are intended to further unlawful/illegal activities.
- Abuse other users, for example:
- Personal attacks that have nothing to do with technological or development discussions.
- Reveal private information of other users.
- Impersonate other users.
- Encourage self-harm or suicide.
- Promote or invite spam. This includes:
- Selling Whonix ™ usernames or other account information.
- Repeatedly post information unrelated to Whonix ™ and associated activities.
- Duplicating content across sub-forums.
- Purposefully post false or misleading content/links.
- Promote third-party software or services purely for personal benefit.
Users who create multiple accounts to sidestep these rules will also be banned.
This list is inexhaustive. The moderators reserve the right to remove material and ban user accounts which engage in inappropriate or illegal behavior which fall outside of these guidelines.
If you have any questions or suggested improvements regarding this policy, please contact the moderators.
The following subjects are currently banned: 
- Anonymous pentesting
- Reason: legal, liability
- Forum discussion: Allow discussion anonymous pentesting in Whonix ™ forums? [archive]
The following topics shall not be discussed:
- Questions that can be resolved as per Free Support Principle. This especially includes:
- Forum Best Practices
- Wiki Comments Policy
- Limitations on Free Speech on Whonix Website
- Free Support Principle
- Support Request Policy
- Bug Reports and Software Development
- More subjects are likely to be listed in the future.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2019 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)